Manager Environmental Health and Safety
BNI Coal located in Center, ND is seeking a Manager of Environmental Health and Safety. BNI Coal is a subsidiary of ALLETE Inc., a diversified energy and water company headquartered in Duluth MN.
The Manager of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is a strategic role that participates in the overall management and strategic direction of the company. This position maintains a high level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, strategy, culture and competitive positioning. As a member of the BNI Senior Executive team, the Manager of Environmental Health & Safety reports to the President and General Manager. This position designs, develops, implements and oversees the organization’s environmental, health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities. The position ensures that all facilities and mining areas are following federal, state, and local environmental health and safety laws and regulations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health, Natural Resources, Wildlife, Agronomy, or related field.
- At least seven years of experience related to EHS with at least three in a management role, required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Certification in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental management and/or experience with MSHA requirements preferred.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related field preferred.
Responsibilities: Repair/Maintenance of diesel engines, transmissions, converters, differentials, brakes, hydraulics and electrical systems for construction and mining equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Diesel Mechanic degree
- Valid driver’s license
- 5 years of work experience. Work experience will be considered in lieu of a diesel mechanic degree.
- Computer skills relating to the use of diagnostic software are required
- Must be proficient in the use of service and parts publications, schematics, and equipment electrical systems
Click here to view other jobs in the ALLETE Inc. family.